Road to Publication

Road to Publication

March 11, 2015

Librarian Perks

I honestly have the best bosses in world. So today one of my managers went out to, I can't remember the name, but it was a book warehouse that was going out of business so they were giving away free books to libraries.

Well my amazing manager got tons of books for our lovely library and our future little free libraries. While she was there she kept me and my love of poetry and Doctor Who in mind and brought me back, "A thousand mornings" by Mary Oliver, "Rope" by Alison Hawthorne Deming, "An Almost Pure Empty Walking" by Tryfon Tolides. And the piece de la resistance "The Wheel of Ice" by Stephen Baxter (insert doo weee dooos). As well as a Wreck This Journal. I've wanted one for the longest time and almost did back flips when I saw it was mine.

Getting new books is awesome and it's even more awesome when you get them for free because book warehouses just give them away to libraries and then library managers give them to awesome library employees.

Don't be jealous of my librarian perks.

If you read any these titles let me know what you thought of them, I haven't had a chance to dive into them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment