Road to Publication

Road to Publication

May 28, 2015

That Is The Question?


 

To sleep, or not to sleep? That is the question.

If I sleep I cannot write, then I won't get anything done, then I won't finish my book and also I won't be able to practice my writing muscles.

But if I stay up and write then I won't be able to wake up in a timely manner. Which means I will not finish my chores early then by the time I can sort of write I have to cook supper. This might also make me too sleepy to write the next day.

But what if I don't write tonight and I go to bed now and wake up in timely matter, get all my stuff done and still don't get time to write.

This makes me very angry. Because when I do find time to write I have to do life stuff. And life stuff sometimes sucks. Like I don't want to be messed with when I am trying to write. I need a do not disturb sign.
I wish my Mind Palace worked better, but then, I realized I'm not Sherloch. :'(

The most annoying thing about all the life stuff that gets in the way of writing is when you are finally in the flow and got a rhythm going and people want you to stop right where you are so you can do something.
 
YOU CAN'T JUST CLICK IT ON AND OFF!!! ONCE THE SWITCH IS FLIPPED IT DOES NOT UNCLICK UNTIL YOU ARE DONE!!!

A Writers Comic - Writers Write Creative Blog

Oh my gosh I'm getting aggravated just writing about it. I hate it so much. Like non-writers do not understand this and its so hard to explain because its a feeling that is so unique I don't know the word for it. It's just something that happens in an artist mind and once it starts it should not be stopped. I feel like it is a crime against nature.

This is why I am getting a writer's shed. Yep you heard it correct. I am going to Thoreau my life away and leave my family, escape into the woods to write and read books alone.

Ok maybe not that drastic but I am getting one. Thank goodness because I am running out of room in bedroom for all my books and writing stuff. I have more papers, books, sticky notes, folders, binders, pens, chewed pen caps, and journals than I do actual bedroom stuff, like floor space.

But I don't know, I'm going to set myself a word count then go to bed. Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment