Road to Publication

Road to Publication

March 10, 2015

Hootie, the anger management expert.

I know hootie is not the most creative name for an owl, but during my overwhelming excitement it was the only one I could think of.

It all started when I arrived home from work and notice some annoying, stupid, little vandal sprayed black spray paint across my license plate. I yelled at the sky and kicked some pavement before I stormed into my house to get some paper towels and cleaner. With every foot I drove into the squishy spring ground a swear word was to follow. How could someone just do that. I PARK IN A CHURCH PARKING LOT!

With my blood boiling I squat to scrub the vandals handy work off my precious Shelby. (Yes I named my car, and the paint came off fairly easy due to the lack of brain cells exhibited by the vandals because paint does not stick under certain temperatures)

When suddenly something flew over head. Naturally I thought it was my brother (who would like to be known as Amory) throwing snowballs at me. (Which is more like ice than snow) So I jumped up and screamed some nasty things and threw some snow back in that general direction.

Then "Amory" came outside to see what I was yelling about. I yelled at him for throwing snowballs at me while I was trying to clean my car, and of course he denied it which sparked a yelling match.

During our exchange of loud words "Amory" stops and says "woah look behind you"

Which I replied "What so you can throw more snowballs at me?"

He shushes me and moves closer to the pine tree in our front yard. Sitting on one of the lone branches was little hootie. Immediately I was filled with an incredible bubbly sensation, a mix of happiness and surprise. Owls are one of my favorite animals and never have I seen one in person. I've spent hours on pinterest looking at them and I have a silver owl ring on my ring finger that I never take off and there I was face to face with one of the most beautiful creatures God has ever made. It was like a dream come true.

At the sight of little hootie all of my anger melted away. I forgot all about the little vandals, the snowballs, and the spray paint on Shelby's license plate. It was like God sent little hootie to calm me down because honestly nothing would have except for the sight of a precious little owl.

No comments:

Post a Comment