Road to Publication

Road to Publication

October 22, 2015

NaNoWriMo



So guys!! Its almost that time of year again! NaNoWriMo!

For those of you who don't know November is National Novel Writing Month, and I have decided to participate this year. It'll be the first time I've ever done it. I found out about it last year in December so I couldn't do it. But I'm really excited!

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. In NaNoWriMo the goal is to finish writing a novel in 30 days, that's 50,000 words. What you do is make a profile on the website and submit your word count. Like I said before, this is my first time participating so I don't know enough about it to explain it well.  So here's the link to the website if your are interested.

But, now that I'm doing this, I think I'll start with a clean slate. A fresh story, New world and new point of view. Who knows? Maybe this will help kick start my creativity again because, I'm not going to lie, I've been in a little bit of a slump.

I was thinking of different worlds I could create. I was thinking of creating a world where you couldn't feel your emotions. You could only taste them.

Like mad would taste ashy and sulfuric.
Happiness would taste smooth and sweet,
Peace would taste bitter like a hot cup of tea in the morning.
Love, well, love would be hard. I had a hard time thinking of what love would taste like. Would it taste like fire, because of passion? Or would it taste like sweet, but obviously a different kind of sweet than happiness. But being it love is being happy, so maybe it would be a combination of the taste of different emotions. I'm not sure. Love is something unique to each person so I feel like it would taste different for each person as well.

This idea sounds really hard to write a whole novel in, so I think I'll just save it for like a short story or a poem. I'll be doing some serious brain storming over the next couple of days preparing myself for November first. Whatever is it I decide on writing, I'll be posting it on here chapter by chapter.

I'm excited! I can't wait to start a new project in a new world with new characters!

I just hope I can keep to this and actually do it, 50,000 words is a lot and I have a hard enough time as it is trying to schedule in writing my other project. Keep me in your prayers!

I will keep all of you posted! Also if you are going to do it, add me! A.S Lamoore 
With the caps and the dots and the space, in that order!

No comments:

Post a Comment