Road to Publication

Road to Publication

June 8, 2015

Book Hangover: Red Queen

 
First of all, WOW!! WOW! WOW! WOW! This book! I cannot express how much I enjoyed reading this!
Victoria Averyard is a master world builder. I was completely sucked into the world she crafted and was blown away by her prose. I can't count how many lines I read where I had to sit there and be like "Yes, that is what magic looks like."
or
*Doesn't say anything, just sits there and absorbs the awesomeness of a well written line.*

 

 
What I admire most about this book is Ms. Aveyard and her ability to create such a real world. I love dystopian novels, they are what I usually read. I enjoy the references to our world even though in those dystopia's our government and way of life is completely obliterated.

The world "Red Queen" is set in is entirely it's own, without it seeming completely out of this world and unbelievable.It is a world separated by blood. Red bloods, normal people like us. And Silver bloods, people who can manipulate their surroundings, and depending on the Silver, the people around them. And then there are the people in the grey areas who are both Red and Silver but stronger than both. It is easily one of my new favorite books. It has a plot twist at the end that will freaking make your brain explode! I actually finished the book Friday morning/ night (2ish am), threw it at the wall then had to repress feelings of wanting to murder things. I had to let myself calm down before I wrote this. I will definently be rereading this very soon. Absolutly one of my new favorite books. I don't know how I am going to handle the year long wait for the sequel. It was a nice break from what I usually read. EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO READ THIS BOOK!!! If you already have what did you think of it? Please do not write any spoilers, all spoilers will be deleted and the authors set on fire. Thank you and go read "Red Queen". You will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment