Road to Publication

Road to Publication

May 9, 2015

NERDFIGHTERS ASSEMBLE!!

I AM  WRITING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I AM SO EXCITED!!

I AM CURRENTLY BEING A LIBRARIAN BUT I FINISHED ALL OF MY WORK AND THERE ARE NO AWESOME PEOPLE WHO WANT BOOKS IN THE LIBRARY AT THIS TIME SO I'M USING THIS TIME TO TELL YOU ABOUT SOMETHING THAT I'M TOO EXCITED TO WAIT TILL I GET HOME TO DO!

LAST NIGHT WHILE WATCHING VLOGBROTHERS VIDEOS I CAME ACROSS ONE WHERE FABULOUS JOHN GREEN WAS TALKING ABOUT CREATING A FAULT IN OUR STARS AUDIO BOOK. SO JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY I WENT ON DFTBA.COM AND LOOKED AND THEY HAVE THIRD EDITIONS THAT ARE LIMITED! THERE IS ONLY 3,000 OF THEM!!! DID I MENTION HE IS THE ONE READING IT!!!


The Fault in Our Stars Audiobook Box Set

Ok I'm done writing in all caps because my excitement is giving me a headache but anyway I wasn't originally going to purchase said audiobook because I was being a cheep pants but then I started thinking........ I WOULD GET SO MUCH ENJOYMENT FROM LISTENING TO FABULOUS 35 YEAR OLD JOHN GREEN READ THE MOST AMAZING BOOK WROTE FROM A TEENAGE GIRLS POINT OF VIEW. I WOULD LISTEN THE CRAP OUT OF THAT THING!



So I bought said audiobook at 2:30am because that's when I finally decided how much I needed this precious jewel in my life. After I bought it I didn't fall asleep until like, oh, I don't know like 5:30AM because I was so excited about my purchase. I am running on 4 hours of sleep but surviving off of pure excitement and anticipation for my precious audiobook.

When I woke up this morning I started jumping up and down because I'm a nerd and I love stuff. 


…because nerds like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff… Nerds are allowed to love stuff, like jump-up-and-down-in-the-chair-can’t-control-yourself love it. Hank, when people call people nerds, mostly what they’re saying is ‘you like stuff.’ Which is just not a good insult at all. Like, ‘you are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness’.”

-John Green

I also purchased the extremely limited edition extremely rare that's only available this week only, 2015 QUADRAGOCON SHIRT!!! ! I jumped up and down, screamed, almost hyperventilated, and did my own happy dance for it.

image description
 
I will keep you all posted on the arrival of the fabulous gems.

Oh and also what is your favorite thing about John Green? Also who the eff is Hank?

No comments:

Post a Comment